100 -Various types of Phobia
Posted by – CHANDRA KANT
1. Arachnophobia – The fear of spiders affects women four times more (48% women and 12% men).
2. Ophidiophobia – The fear of snakes . Phobics avoid certain cities because they have more snakes.
3. Acrophobia – The fear of heights . Five percent of the general population suffer from this phobia.
4. Agoraphobia – The fear of open or crowded spaces . People with this fear often wont leave home.
5. Cynophobia – The fear of dogs . This includes everything from small Poodles to large Great Danes.
6. Astraphobia – The fear of thunder/lightning AKA Brontophobia, Tonitrophobia, Ceraunophobia.
7. Claustrophobia – The fear of small spaces like elevators, small rooms and other enclosed spaces.
8. Mysophobia – The fear of germs. It is also rightly termed as Germophobia or Bacterophobia.
9. Aerophobia – The fear of flying . 25 million Americans share a fear of flying.
10. Trypophobia – The fear of holes is an unusual but pretty common phobia.
11. Carcinophobia – The fear of cancer . People with this develop extreme diets.
12. Thanatophobia – The fear of death . Even talking about death can be hard.
13. Glossophobia – The fear of public speaking . Not being able to do speeches.
14. Monophobia – The fear of being alone . Even while eating and/or sleeping.
15. Atychiphobia – The fear of failure . It is the single greatest barrier to success.
16. Ornithophobia – The fear of birds . Individuals suffering from this may only fear certain species.
17. Alektorophobia – The fear of chickens . You may have this phobia if chickens make you panic.
18. Enochlophobia – The fear of crowds is closely related to Ochlophobia and Demophobia.
19. Aphenphosmphobia – The fear of intimacy. Fear of being touched and love.
20. Trypanophobia – The fear of needles . I used to fear needles (that and death).
21. Anthropophobia – The fear of people . Being afraid of people in all situations.
22. Aquaphobia – The fear of water . Being afraid of water or being near water.
23. Autophobia – The fear of abandonment and being abandoned by someone.
24. Hemophobia – The fear of blood . Even the sight of blood can cause fainting.
25. Gamophobia – The fear of commitment or sticking with someone to the end.
26. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobi The fear of long words . Believe it or not, it’s real.
27. Xenophobia – The fear of the unknown . Fearing anything or anyone that is strange or foreign.
28. Vehophobia – The fear of driving . This phobia affects personal and work life.
29. Basiphobia – The fear of falling . Some may even refuse to walk or stand up.
30. Achievemephobia – The fear of success . The opposite to the fear of failure.
31. Theophobia – The fear of God causes an irrational fear of God or religion.
32. Ailurophobia – The fear of cats . This phobia is also known as Gatophobia.
33. Metathesiophobia – The fear of change . Sometimes change is a good thing.
34. Globophobia – The fear of balloons . They should be fun, but not for phobics.
35. Nyctophobia – The fear of darkness . Being afraid of the dark or the night is common for kids.
36. Androphobia – The fear of men . Usually seen in younger females, but it can also affect adults.
37. Phobophobia – The fear of fear . The thought of being afraid of objects/situations.
38. Philophobia – The fear of love . Being scared of falling in love or emotions.
39. Triskaidekaphobia – The fear of the number 13 or the bad luck that follows.
40. Emetophobia – The fear of vomiting and the fear of loss of your self control.
41. Gephyrophobia – The fear of bridges and crossing even the smallest bridge.
42. Entomophobia – The fear of bugs and insects, also related to Acarophobia.
43. Lepidopterophobia – The fear of butterflies and often most winged insects.
44. Panophobia – The fear of everything or fear that terrible things will happen.
45. Podophobia – The fear of feet . Some people fear touching or looking at feet, even their own.
46. Paraskevidekatriaphobia – The fear of Friday the 13th . About 8% of Americans have this phobia.
47. Somniphobia – The fear of sleep . Being terrified of what might happen right after you fall asleep.
48. Gynophobia – The fear of women . May occur if you have unresolved mother issues.
49. Apiphobia – The fear of bees . Many people fear being stung by angry bees.
50. Koumpounophobia – The fear of buttons . Clothes with buttons are avoided.
51. Anatidaephobia – The fear of ducks . Somewhere, a duck is watching you.
52. Pyrophobia – The fear of fire . A natural/primal fear that can be debilitating.
53. Ranidaphobia – The fear of frogs . Often caused by episodes from childhood.
54. Galeophobia – The fear of sharks in the ocean or even in swimming pools.
55. Athazagoraphobia – The fear of being forgotten or not remembering things.
56. Katsaridaphobia – The fear of cockroaches . This can easily lead to an excessive cleaning disorder.
57. Iatrophobia – The fear of doctors . Do you delay doctor visits? You may have this.
58. Pediophobia – The fear of dolls. This phobia could well be Chucky-induced.
59. Ichthyophobia – The fear of fish . Includes small, large, dead and living fish.
60. Achondroplasiaphobia – The fear of midgets . Because they look differently.
61. Mottephobia – The fear of moths . These insects are only beautiful to some.
62. Zoophobia – The fear of animals . Applies to both vile and harmless animals.
63. Bananaphobia – The fear of bananas . If you have this phobia, they are scary.
64. Sidonglobophobia – The fear of cotton balls or plastic foams. Oh that sound.
65. Scelerophobia – The fear of crime involves being afraid of burglars, attackers or crime in general.
66. Cibophobia – The fear of food . The phobia may come from a bad episode while eating, like choking.
67. Phasmophobia – The fear of ghosts . AKA Spectrophobia. Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!
68. Equinophobia – The fear of horses . Animal phobias are pretty common, especially for women.
69. Musophobia – The fear of mice. Some people find mice cute, but phobics peoples
70. Catoptrophobia – The fear of mirrors . Being afraid of what you might see.
71. Agliophobia – The fear of pain . Being afraid something painful will happen.
72. Tokophobia – The fear of pregnancy involves giving birth or having children.
73. Telephonophobia – The fear of talking on the phone. Phobics prefer texting.
74. Pogonophobia – The fear of beards or being scared of/around bearded men.
75. Omphalophobia – The fear of belly buttons . Touching and looking at navels.
76. Pseudodysphagia – The fear of choking often after a bad eating experience.
77. Bathophobia – The fear of depths can be anything associated with depth (lakes, tunnels, caves).
78. Cacomorphobia – The fear of fat people . Induced by the media. Affects some anorexics/bulimics.
79. Gerascophobia – The fear of getting old . Aging is the most natural thing, yet many of us fear it.
80. Chaetophobia – The fear of hair . Phobics tend to be afraid of other peoples
81. Nosocomephobia – The fear of hospitals . Let’s face it, no one likes hospitals.
82. Ligyrophobia – The fear of loud noises . More than the instinctive noise fear.
83. Didaskaleinophobia – The fear of school . This phobia affects kids mostly.
84. Technophobia – The fear of technology is often induced by culture/religion.
85. Chronophobia – The fear of the future . A persistent fear of what is to come.
86. Spheksophobia – The fear of wasps. You panic and fear getting stung by it.
87. Ergophobia – The fear of work. Often due to social or performance anxiety.
88. Coulrophobia – The fear of clowns . Some people find clowns funny, coulrophobics certainly don’t.
89. Allodoxaphobia – The fear of opinions . Being afraid of hearing what others are thinking of you.
90. Samhainophobia – The fear of Halloween affects children/superstitious people.
91. Photophobia – The fear of light caused by something medical or traumatic.
92. Disposophobia – The fear of getting rid of stuff triggers extreme hoarding.
93. Numerophobia – The fear of numbers and the mere thought of calculations.
94. Ombrophobia – The fear of rain . Many fear the rain due to stormy weather.
95. Coasterphobia – The fear of roller coasters. Ever seen Final Destination 3?
96. Thalassophobia – The fear of the ocean . Water, waves and unknown spaces.
97. Scoleciphobia – The fear of worms . Often because of unhygienic conditions.
98. Kinemortophobia – The fear of zombies . Being afraid that zombies attack and turn you into them.
99. Myrmecophobia – The fear of ants . Not as common as Arachnophobia, but may feel just as intense.
100. Taphophobia – The fear of being buried alive by mistake and waking up in a coffin underground.