Questions on Awards and Honours
The Bharat Ratna award is given in the field of Arts, Literature, Science, Public.
Booker Prize, Moorti Devi Award, Saraswati Samman, Jnapith Award – for the contribution to Literature.
Contribution to films – Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
Science & Technology – Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize.
Mathematics – Abel Prize.
The Kalinga Prize – the Popularization of Science is an award given by UNESCO.
The Lal Bahadur Shastri National award – or Excellence in Public Administration, Academics, and Management.
The Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar – Music, Dance, Drama.
The Manthan Award – an initiative in India to recognize the best practices in e-Content and Creativity.
Arjuna award – Sports.
Achievements in newspaper and online journalism, literature, and musical composition – The Pulitzer Prize.
The Dronacharya Award awarded to Coach.
Contribution to Architecture – Aga Khan award.
The Oscar prize is given in the field of Films.
- Grammy Award is for the contribution to Music.
- Dhanwantri award – For outstanding contribution to Medical Service.
- The Booker prize is given in the field of fiction.
- The BAFTA Award is for the contribution to Films.
- G.D. Birla Award for Scientific Research is an award instituted in 1991 by theK. K. Birla Foundation.
- The Cannes Award – Films
- The Sharad Joshi Samman for Satire and essay.
- The Joliot-Curie Medal – Peace.
- In the field of International Understanding – Jawaharlal Nehru Award.
- The Lalit Kala Akademi Award – Arts.
- Tansen Samman – Music
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award – Sports.
- The Noble Prizes for Peace, Physics, Chemistry, Medicine and Literature – 1901.
- Rabindranath Tagore was the first Indian Nobel Laureates.
- Jean- Paul Sarte and Woodrow Wilson Refused the Nobel Prize.
- Wilhelm Röntgen – first Nobel Prize in Physics Winner.
- The Nobel Prize can be given to a maximum of 3 persons.
- The first woman to win a Nobel Prize – Marie Curie.
- Linus Pauling is the only person to have been awarded two unshared Nobel Prizes.
- NATO Organization won the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Bhanu Athaiya, first Indian to win Oscar Award in 1982.
- The Golden Globe awards started in 1944.
- The Right Livelihood Award is also referred as the ‘Alternative Nobel Prize’.
- Pandit Ravi Shankar has won the Grammy awards three times.
- Bharat Ratna Award was first awarded in 1954.
- The words ‘ Khel Ratna’ literally means Sports Gem.
- Sushmita Sen is the first Indian woman to win the Miss Universe contest in 1994.
- Oscar awarded started in 1929.
- AR Rahman, first Indian to get Golden Globe Award.
- Murtidevi award – literature.
- The Translation awards – Sahitya Academy.
- U Thant, first Jawaharlal Nehru Award winner.
- Vinod Bhave, first Indian to receive the Magsaysay Award.